Rose Cottage in Thornham
"Private, peaceful getaway in beautiful, traditional Norfolk coastal village. Ideal location for North Norfolk Coast, 5* reviews!"
Located just off the Green in scenic Thornham, at the end of a private cul-de-sac, Rose Cottage is a charming cottage which offers a cosy and relaxed environment that's perfectly located for families, couples, golfers and bird watchers.
Our aim is to make Rose Cottage a home from home and features all essential modern comforts:
* Fully equipped open plan kitchen/diner with oven, hob, fridge & freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, and toaster.
*Dining for up to 6 people with sun room, comfy seating.
* Comfy sitting room, with 2 large cottage style sofas, additional snug with sofa.
* Fully enclosed rear garden dining for up to 6 people. Private and shielded from wind - fabulous sun trap all year round.
* Television with freeview and internet connection for access to Netflix, Amazon TV etc; free WIFI
* 2 Bathrooms with bath, power shower, WC and hand-basin
* Master bedroom with king size bed, wardrobe, bedside chests and drawers. Plenty of storage and space, lovely views to the front
* 2nd bedroom with kingsize bed, wardrobe, drawers. Views to front of property
* 3rd bedroom, with twin beds , and large built in wardrobe with shelving & storage space.
* Travel cot, high chair.
* Bedlinen for all beds, it will be changed before your stay and on the Friday if your stay extends longer than a week.
* There are towels for the house are provided, please bring your own beach or pet towels.
* Hand towels and Tea towels are provided.
* Gas central heating and electricity and all water used.
* Wireless broadband
*Electric car charging port.
Reviews from 2023:
"Everything was excellent, including the weather!"
"We spend a week each year in the area, this year we had the perfect accommodation - the holiday was excellent"
"Another lovely week!"
"The cottage is comfortable and well equipped, the village is interesting, peaceful and lovely."
"Thank you for enabling us to have a super holiday again. This is a lovely cottage in a postcard setting"
"What a lovely cottage, everything around here is so friendly, we had a lovely time".
1 kingsize main bedroom, 2nd kingsize bedroom, 3rd twin bedroom. Travel cot if required.
The back garden is patio and with plenty of seating. It is something of a sun trap and good sunshine is experienced from dawn until sunset. The garden is enclosed by hedge on all sides which provides much shelter on blustery days!
For outside food and drink there is a garden table and umbrella with chairs for 6 people. There is also a Weber charcoal BBQ in a dedicated BBQ corner, perfect for cooking up some of the local produce.
The garden is fully enclosed and safe, ideal for young ones to play.
Front Garden and Driveway:
At the front of the property there is plenty of parking for up to 4 cars.
The driveway is private, bordered by hedges and features many flower beds.
As Rose Cottage is at the end of a little known private cul-de-sac with no traffic (and the average speed of driving up the cul-de-sac is literally a couple of miles an hour), it is extremely safe for young ones to play.
Idyllic walks, beautiful beaches, wonderful stately homes, traditional Norfolk villages are all just a stones throw away.
For families with children of all ages, there is much to do. Some of the nations best beaches are on your doorstep, adventure parks and interactive farms, seaside entertainment and funfairs.
For walkers, the North Norfolk Path runs almost past the doorstep, leading all the way round to Hunstanton, Heacham and Snettisham.
The country estates of Sandringham and Holkham offer interesting days out.
For golfers you are spoilt for choice with courses available for players of all abilities, from beginners to the most dedicated addicts!
And for bird watchers, there are 2 RSPB nature reserves, and National Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre, and several conservation areas and hides to be explored.
And finally, for those who enjoy eating out there are 2 superb local pubs within 10 minutes walk or over a dozen excellent pubs and restaurants within a few minutes drive!
There is the local Thornham Deli for supplies, breakfast or lunch, play area, tennis courts, football goals or cricket nets.
In addition there is Drove Orchards on the outskirts of Thornham which offers: farm shop (extensive supplies), fruit picking, fish shop, Eric's Fish & chips (eat in or take away), Eric's Pizza, Ice cream shop and a number of local traders and shops.
Last Minute Deals
|Deal Period||Price||Minimum Stay||Description|
Deal PeriodMon 20th November - Fri 8th December
Price£165.00 per night
Minimum Stay3 nights min
DescriptionWinter getaways to the beautiful Norfolk coast from just £495 for 3 nights
Titchwell (1 mile away)
Holme-next-the-Sea (2 miles away)
Brancaster (2 miles away)
Ringstead (2 miles away)
£175 - £300 per day
£450 - £1500 per week