Heron Cottage in Thornham
NEW to Heron for Summer 2020:
- NEW: Upstairs power shower (in addition to bath and downstairs shower)
- NEW :42" TV in living area with Apple TV box
- NEW: Nespresso machine for the kitchen
"Lovely comfortable cottage" - Gill, Sarah, James & Elliott 27/0/20
"Very pleasant cottage with a great outlook to the rear, nice to walk to the Deli" -Benji, Harry, Katie & Steve - Sep 2020
"Great holiday place for visits and beach. Back garden and field great for kids" - Liz & Dave 16/08/19
"My favourite moment was looking at the stars in bed and literally falling asleep under the stars. I LOVE the Orange Tree" - Hayley 19/01/2018
"Thank you for a lovely weekend at Heron Cottage. Peace and quiet when I needed it" - Sue 27/11/2017
"Thank you for an amazing time. We loved it. Food at the Orange Tree was brilliant!" - The Widdicks Family 19/5/2017
"Lovely weekend away. Photos didn't do the cottage justice" -
"Wonderful stay in your lovely cottage" - Amelia 31/03/2017
"Wonderful stay, perfect location, cozy cottage! Highly recommend, thank you so much - Geoff 08/01/2017
"Everything was 1st class. I am sure that you will be seeing a lot more of us - Garry & Christine 2/102/016
Heron cottage is part of a 17th century barn conversion that has been lovingly renovated and decorated by its new owners to cater for all guests - a fabulous gateway to North Norfolk set in the idyllic village of Thornham.
Heron Cottage is particularly well suited to young families. The back garden is the largest at Manor Farm, fully gated with BBQ and backing on to a children’s play area (fully visible from the living room through the sliding French doors). The play area sits within a larger fully maintained communal field. At the back of the field is the increasingly popular Thornham Deli along with a larger kids’ play area, tennis court, village hall, and cricket pitch. The cottage itself is well equipped with FREE WIFI, TV, DVD player and a number of indoor and outdoor games to help keep the kids entertained.
Outside of school holidays, Heron Cottage is a fabulous holiday destination all year round. The surrounding scenery is simply breath-taking through the seasons with numerous walks, nature trails (including the famous Peddars Way National Trail) and dedicated bird-watching sites within easy reach. The beautifully rugged North Norfolk coastline is less than 10 minutes walk away and at night stargazing is an experience not to be missed.
Fine dining is also instantly accessible with the famous Orange Tree Pub (Norfolk Dining Pub of the Year 2013 - 2018) less than 5 minutes walk from the cottage and the equally reputable Lifeboat Inn less than 10 minutes away. Towards the adjacent village of Holme-next-the-Sea, is the excellent Eric’s Fish & Chips eatery and the White Horse pub with fantastic garden and Sunday Lunch!
Inside the cottage downstairs is an open plan kitchen into living room/dining area with a wood-burner and cloakroom with toilet and shower. Kitchen facilities include a microwave, fridge freezer and a 2 door oven with 5 electric hobs. Upstairs are two double bedrooms, a twin room, a single room with truckle bed and a family bathroom with a NEWLY INSTALLED SHOWER FACILITY. Although the cottage does sleep 8 people, we suggest 7 is the maximum number of adults to maintain a high degree of comfort from the cottage.
We fell in love with North Norfolk the second we arrived in Thornham. Whether you are new to the area or have been many times before, we hope a stay at Heron cottage will make you fall in love with North Norfolk like we did, or love it just that little bit more.
Love Caroline & Rob.
1 x Superking, 1 x King, 1 x twin, 1 x single with truckle bed
Heron Cottage has its own private garden, but it also backs onto a large communal playing field with a children's play area (visable from inside the Cottage) and a pitch and putt course.
There is one space directly outside the Cottage and plenty of parking on the farm on site.
Less than 10 minutes walk from Heron cottage
- Thornham Deli
- The Orange Tree (Norfolk Dining Pub of the Year 2012-15)
- The Lifeboat Inn
- Chequers Inn (great pizza!)
- Children's play areas, tennis court, village hall, pitch & putt
- Peddars Way National Trail
Less than 5 minutes drive
- Eric's Fish & Chips
- The White Horse (excellent Sunday Lunch and garden)
- Holme Beach and Nature Reserve (beautifully unspoilt)
Less than 10 minutes drive
- The Gin Trap (Ringstead) - Highly recommended for food, drinks and outdoor play area
- Sally Fish & Chips (Hunstanton) - We think the best fish and chips in the area - near the large Tesco)
- Briarfields (Titchwell) - We think worth the short drive for great food and service with outdoor play area for kids
- Titchwell RSPB
- Brancaster Beach (recommended for families)
- Hunstanton (shops, restaurants, FootGolf, pitch n putt)
- Sail Craft Sea School - Brancaster
- Royal West Norfolk Golf Club - Brancaster
10-30 minutes drive (our favourite attractions)
- Sandringham Royal Estate
- Norfolk Lavender
- Rose & Crown at Snettisham (Norfolk Pub of the Year 2015)
- Wells-next-the-Sea (great for crabbing with the kids)
- Holkham Beach and Holkham Hall
- Sheringham and Heacham Manor Golf Clubs
- Seal watching at Blakeney Point (a must! - 40 mins).
Ask the owner about features, availability, pricing etc.
Holme-next-the-Sea (2 miles away)
Brancaster (2 miles away)
Ringstead (2 miles away)
Old Hunstanton (3 miles away)
£99 - £249 per day
£395 - £995 per week