Rose Cottage in Binham
"Only one week left in August arriving Friday 18th Aug - the perfect Norfolk base @rosecottagebinham"
This wonderful brick-and-flint Norfolk cottage has the most beautiful courtyard garden. You will be staying just off the Village Green in the heart of the glorious village of Binham, It is the perfect year-round retreat.
The pretty kitchen has seating for four, and a lovely stable door to the sunny south-facing garden. In the adjoining warm and comfortable sitting-room there is a tiny wood-burning stove for cozy evenings. Upstairs there are two lovely bedrooms, one double with a glorious hand-made oak bed, and one single (or children's!) bedroom that can be converted to a twin on request. The bathroom is easily accessible between the two bedrooms.. The beds will be made up with crisp cotton linen and towels will be laid out for your arrival.
* Bedroom 1: double bedroom with luxury original oak “mouseman” bedstead
* Bedroom 2: one single bed (2nd bed can be made up on request)
* Bathroom with bath and shower over, basin and WC
* Bright south-west facing sitting room with a small wood burning stove
* Friendly kitchen seating four, with a stable door to the garden
* Short breaks sometimes available out of peak season
* Changeover day: Friday
* Green Tourism Silver Award Cottage.
* Open fire / wood burning stove with welcome starter pack
* unlimited fibre broadband WiFi
* Flatscreen TV / Freeview / DVD player
* Family friendly
* Travel cot and high chair on request
* Stairgate fitted
* Iron, ironing board, hair dryer provided
* Pets welcome
* No smoking
* No added extras on the price: of course hot water, central heating, electricity, and good quality wireless broadband are all included in the price.
* Nespresso machine, Smoothie mixer
* Eco-friendly electric central heating
* Bed linen: Greenfibres
* Double mattress: Greenfibres
* Cleaning materials: Ecover
On your arrival you will be welcomed with a card and a bottle of wine, and the wood burning stove will be laid with a welcome pack of logs ready to be lit so you can simply relax and enjoy your first evening in Norfolk.
Bedroom 1: double bed; Bedroom 2: 2 single beds
* The south-west facing courtyard style garden is equipped with sheltered seating for four and is ideal for meals or drinks outside.
* The second small patio at the side of the house has a washing-line for summer drying of beach towels.
* Pet safety: the cottage is in a small cul-de-sac with no drive-through traffic to endanger your pet, but the garden is not fully enclosed.
* Private off road parking for one car right next to the cottage
* The new garden gate and the new stable door to the kitchen are getting great reviews from our guests.
* Village shops only 200 yards across the Green
* The fabulous Chequers pub serving food just 250 yards
Rose Cottage is an idea place from which to explore the local area, with the pretty villages and towns of the Glaven Valley, and the joys of the North Norfolk Coast, its beaches and wildlife, all within easy reach. Chose between Sheringham Park, Holkham Hall, Felbrigg Hall, Cley-next-the-Sea, Salthouse, and seal trips to Blakeney Point. It is a short drive from Rose Cottage to the fantastic Wells-next-the-Sea high street with its tea rooms, fish and chips, crabbing on the quay, and the stunning beach with colourful beach huts. The wonderful Georgian town of Holt is just a few miles away, as is Pensthorpe Bird Reserve, and Thursford Museum. In the village of Binham itself, it is just a 200yard stroll from the cottage across the Green to our friendly Howells village shop with fresh bread, groceries, and daily papers, and just a step further is the excellent village butchers shop. Opposite the butchers lies the Chequers Pub with good food and ale. Continue another 200 yards and you will find Binham Priory, described by English Heritage as “among the most complete and impressive monastic ruins in Norfolk”, where you can enjoy concerts and events like the much-loved annual Easter Egg Hunt in the Priory grounds.
Last Minute Deals
|Deal Period||Price||Minimum Stay||Description|
Deal PeriodSat 16th December - Sat 23rd December
Price£150.00 per night
Minimum Stay3 nights min
DescriptionCelebrate Advent in a beautiful Norfolk cottage in the heart of Binham, email to ask about your preferred dates.
Deal PeriodSat 23rd December - Tue 26th December
Price£220.00 per night
Minimum Stay3 nights min
DescriptionChristmas in a beautiful Norfolk cottage in the heart of Binham. E-mail us with your preferred arrival date.
Field Dalling (2 miles away)
Langham (2 miles away)
Hindringham (2 miles away)
Stiffkey (2 miles away)
£100 - £196 per day
£520 - £1200 per week