- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 4
- Approximate Pricing: £345 - £660 per week
1 double room + 1 single room + 1 sofabed in single room + cot if needed
Green Tourism Silver Award 2016! Located just off the Village Green in the heart of the glorious village of Binham, this wonderful environmentally friendly brick-and-flint Norfolk cottage has been furnished in a comfortable and charming style to the highest ecological standards. A perfect year-round retreat for a relaxing holiday.
* Sleeps 4
* Prices from £345 per week
* Short breaks available
* Changeover day: Friday
* Bed linen & towels included in rent
* 1 double bedroom with original oak “mouseman” bedstead
* 1 single bedroom / twin bedded on request
* Bathroom with bath and shower over, basin and WC
* South-west facing sitting room with wood burning stove
* Friendly kitchen and dining area to seat four
* Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer
* Open fire / wood burning stove with welcome starter pack
* unlimited broadband WiFi access included
* Flatscreen TV / Freeview / DVD player
* Family friendly
* Travel cot and high chair on request
* Stairgate available
* Iron, ironing board, hair dryer provided
* Pets welcome
* No smoking
* No added extras: of course hot water, central heating, electricity, and wireless broadband are included in the price.
* Eco-friendly electric central heating
* Bed linen: Greenfibres
* Double mattress: Greenfibres
* Cleaning materials: Ecover
* Lock up storage for bikes
* Green Tourism Silver Award 2016!
The pretty kitchen has seating for four, and is well-equipped with a built-in hob, electric oven, fridge, freezer, and washing machine with drier. In the adjoining warm and comfortable sitting-room there is a wood-burning stove, flat-screen TV with Freeview and a DVD player. The cottage has broadband WiFi internet access throughout. Upstairs there are two lovely bedrooms, one double with a glorious hand-made oak bed, and one single bedroom that can be converted to a twin on request. The bathroom is at the top of the stairs, with bath, over-bath electric shower, washbasin, and WC. There is a stair-gate fitted on the stairs for the safety of your children. The beds will be made up with crisp cotton linen and towels will be laid out for your arrival.
On your arrival you will be welcomed with a card, bottle of wine, and the wood burning stove will be laid with a welcome pack of logs ready to be lit: so you can simply relax and enjoy your first evening in Norfolk.
* Private off road parking for one car
* The pretty south-west facing courtyard style garden is equipped with sheltered seating for four and is ideal for meals or drinks outside.
* The second small patio at the side of the house has a washing-line for summer drying of beach towels.
* Pet safety: the cottage is in a small cul-de-sac with no drive-through traffic to endanger your pet, but the garden is not fully enclosed.
* Village shops 200 yards
* Nearest pub with good food just 250 yards
Rose Cottage is an idea place from which to explore the local area, with the pretty villages and towns of the Glaven Valley, and the joys of the North Norfolk Coast, its beaches and wildlife, all within easy reach. Chose between Sheringham Park, Holkham Hall, Felbrigg Hall, Cley-next-the-Sea, Salthouse, and seal trips to Blakeney Point. It is a short drive from Rose Cottage to the fantastic Wells-next-the-Sea high street with its tea rooms, fish and chips, crabbing on the quay, and the stunning beach with colourful beach huts. The wonderful Georgian town of Holt is just a few miles away, as is Pensthorpe Bird Reserve, and Thursford Museum. In the village of Binham itself, it is just a 200yard stroll from the cottage across the Green to our friendly Howells village shop with fresh bread, groceries, and daily papers, and just a step further is the excellent village butchers shop. Opposite the butchers lies the Chequers Pub with good food and ale. Continue another 200 yards and you will find Binham Priory, described by English Heritage as “among the most complete and impressive monastic ruins in Norfolk”, where you can enjoy concerts and events like the much-loved annual Easter Egg Hunt in the Priory grounds.
****BREAKING NEWS FROM ROSE COTTAGE***
In 2016 we were awarded a Green Tourism silver star accreditation for our ecological running of the cottage. We had a busy year at Rose Cottage in 2016 with it being almost fully booked through the year and both myself and my sister enjoying some time there ourselves with our families. We are proud to have so many return guests now: people love to come back to Rose Cottage once they have discovered it.
|Deal Period||Minimum Stay||Pricing|
|Fri 2 March - Fri 9 March||7 nights min||Silver award cottage in Binham: £399/ week!|
|Fri 9 March - Fri 16 March||7 nights min||Silver award cottage in Binham: £399/ week!|
|Fri 16 March - Fri 23 March||7 nights min||Silver award cottage in Binham: £399/ week!|
|Fri 30 March - Fri 6 April||7 nights min||Silver award cottage in Binham: £458/ Easter week!|
Ask the owner, Sarah and Susanna Riviere a question on the phone...
Don't forget to mention Glaven Valley when calling.
New offers online for spring 2018! Pretty Norfolk cottage - perfect for the coast.
Ask the owner, Sarah and Susanna Riviere a question...
Don't forget to mention Glaven Valley when calling.