- Bedrooms: 4
- Sleeps: 9
- Approximate Pricing: £650 - £1450 per week
4 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms sleeps 9
Watersedge is a beautiful white thatched cottage in a quiet peaceful location with wonderful panoramic views across Hickling Broad in Norfolk, England. Pets are welcomed. The cottage is large with four bedrooms and will sleep one to nine people. There is a smart modern kitchen, dining room, large sitting room, two bathrooms, separate toilet and a utility room. The cottage was built 300 years ago and retains lots of character including low doorways and the old bread oven in the cloak room. A sympathetic renovation has been carried out to install heating for the first time and modernise the bathrooms. The is a fast wi-fi signal available throughout.
Change over day is on Friday, and short breaks are available Oct-March.
• Sitting room with television, DVD player, comfortable seating, books and board games, large picture window with views across the broad.
• Dining room with wonderful views across the broad and a table seating nine.
• Kitchen with fitted cupboards, electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave and fridge.
• Utility/Boot room with washing machine, fridge, freezer.
• Shower room and WC off the Utility room.
• Cloak room under main stairs, ideal for coats, boots and dogs.
• Master bedroom with a king-size double bed.
• Purple bedroom with one double bed and a single bed.
• Yellow bedroom with two single beds.
• Eaves bedroom with two single beds.
• Family bathroom and shower.
• Separate WC.
• Babies cot and high chair.
Additional information: Linen and towels are included. Electricity and heating included. Short breaks available (minimum of three nights) during the low and mid-season - please ring the owner for charges and information. Free use of rowing boat and life jackets (use at your own risk). Free Wi-Fi. Fishing from the banks or rowing boat in season but permits are required obtained from the post office. There is a large Tesco store in Stalham four miles away.
Outside: There is parking for three cars on a wide driveway and a garage with full size table tennis and oars for the rowing dinghy. The thatched summerhouse has sports equipment, garden furniture and a bbq. The garden which overlooks the broad is completely enclosed by a hedge and fences making it child and dog friendly.
Hickling Broad is a European Nature Reserve, so if you enjoy bird watching or walking in the countryside this is an ideal location. Most wildlife can be spotted from the cottage/garden or Norfolk Wildlife Trust have a reserve a short 15 minute walk away. The beach at Sea Palling or Waxham has lovely golden sands and is only four miles away. It is renowned for its grey seal colony.
For the more energetic, sailing, rowing, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or you can rent a motor launch from Whispering Reads. Fishing is available locally or from rented boats. We have the Museum of the Broads nearby and the Waxham Barn also has a fascinating museum in one of the longest thatched barns in the country and give you a real feeling for the history in the area. Locally Horsey Mill is run by the National Trust.
Norwich is only twelve miles away with the lovely Castle. Great Yarmouth is twelve miles away and is famous for its Pleasure Beach.
Ask the owner, Philip Gooding a question...
Don't forget to mention Glaven Valley when calling.