- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 4
- Approximate Pricing: £445 - £830 per week
Master bedroom with king-size bed & 1 twin.
The Cart Lodge at West Heath Barn is a stunning recently-converted traditional Norfolk Barn offering luxury self- catering accommodation for 4 people in a peaceful location less than a mile outside the pretty Norfolk village of Great Massingham. With vaulted ceilings and tiled floors, The Cartlodge is full of character, whilst underfloor heating, quality furniture, fittings and linen provide plenty of contemporary comfort.
- Open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner: A light and spacious open-plan area with exposed beams, full-height ceiling, large picture-window and patio doors onto the adjoining courtyard. The kitchen offers double oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dish-washer and washing/dryer. The lounge area has 2 comfy leather sofas, TV, DVD, music centre, loads of books and games and a dining table and 4 chairs
- Master bedroom with Norfolk made, wrought-iron king-size bed and lots of wardrobe and cupboard storage space
- Twin room with 2 wrought-iron single beds
- Family bathroom with bath & mains-pressure shower over, sink with mirror and WC
- WIFI throughout
- TV and hairdryers in each bedroom
- On arrival guests are greeted with flowers, homemade cake and a welcome pack of basic provisions
- Luxurious linen and towels are provided
- Cot and highchair are available on request
DOGS are very welcome at The Cartlodge with a fully-fenced exercise paddock on-site (next to the car-parking area) and loads of footpaths to explore within over 4 acres of West Heath Barn land, and far beyond. We typically permit up to 2 dogs though please contact us to discuss as we do accept more by arrangement.
A second barn, The Dairy, is directly across the courtyard from The Cart Lodge and sleeps up to 6, making it the perfect option for large families, groups of couples or multi-generational holidays.
Read our generous reviews on Trip Advisor to get a flavour of all The Cart Lodge has to offer (Dec 2015 “lovely barn, spotlessly clean ... beds are so comfortable, linens are first class, furnishings all quality items and the underfloor heating was great ... you will not find better than this”.
Ample parking in a secure area within West Heath Barn grounds. Pretty south-facing courtyard garden immediately outside The Cart Lodge with garden furniture and BBQ. Secure storage for bicycles is available.
4 acres of grounds providing lots of space for free-range children and a fully-enclosed paddock for exercising your dogs. Beyond that we’re surrounded by tranquil countryside offering a network of paths to explore further afield. Guests walking to Peddars Way will pass by our resident alpacas en route to Great Massingham village and the award-winning Dabbling Duck pub.
Less than a mile from Great Massingham, one of Norfolk’s prettiest villages, and directly adjacent to Peddars Way National Trail, West Heath Barn is an ideal base for exploring all that Norfolk has to offer. We’re close to a wide range of attractions from walking or cycling on Peddars Way to the magnificent historic houses and country estates including Sandringham, Houghton Hall and Oxburgh Hall to name but a few. The stunning Norfolk coast is less than 30 minutes drive away, offering over 60 miles of sandy beaches, picturesque marshlands and big skies. Birdwatchers are within easy reach of Snettisham and Titchwell bird reserves. Burnham Market and Holt offer chic retail therapy, Swaffham and Fakenham are more authentic traditional market towns and the fabulous cities of Norwich and Cambridge are less than an hour’s drive away.This holiday cottage has its own website: http://www.westheathbarn.com
Superbly equipped dog-friendly converted barn 25 mins from coast. Late availability 6th to 13th July. 15% off.
Ask the owner, Gill Davies a question...
Don't forget to mention Glaven Valley when calling.